Leave your central Dubai hotel by air-conditioned minibus and travel to the cruise jetty on Dubai Creek in the city’s Deira district.
Snaking between Deira, the heart of traditional Dubai, and Bur Dubai to the south, the creek winds past many of Dubai’s best-known landmarks, including the National Bank of Dubai, the Spice Souk and Al Maktoum Bridge.
At the jetty, take a moment to admire your beautifully illuminated dhow — a traditional Arabian trading boat of the type once used to ship goods between the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean.
Then, step aboard and feast your eyes on Deira’s sparkling skyline as your dhow sails up and down the gentle creek waters for the next two hours.
Snap photos of Deira and the skyscrapers of downtown Dubai on the horizon, and then, enjoy a sumptuous buffet dinner of traditional Emirati and international cuisine. Selections may vary, but you can expect dishes such as assorted Arabic salads, grilled fish and meat kebabs, as well as pasta, steak and a tempting range of desserts.
Take your pick from the dishes, and wash them down with complimentary sodas, as well as additional drinks (at own expense) from the onboard bar.
As you eat, soak in the glittering city lights, revel in the cool evening breezes and enjoy the company of your fellow diners.
Then, when your cruise finishes, step ashore and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
Sample Buffet Menu:
• Smoked salmon with capers, horseradish and lemon
• Aloo channa chaat (chickpea and potato curry)
• Green salad with vinaigrette or Thousand Island dressing
• Fattoush (bread salad with mixed greens and vegetables)
• Moutabel (Lebanese eggplant dip) with pomegranate
• Assorted breads and cheeses
• Pasta in a tomato and white wine sauce, cooked at the buffet station
• Chicken tikka masala
• Rump beef steak with mushroom sauce
• Grilled fish in a lemon butter sauce
• Charcoal-grilled mixed meats such as shish taouk (chicken kebab) and kofta (meatballs)
• Saffron-infused rice
• Potato gratin
• Sautéed seasonal vegetables
• Assorted Arabic sweets
• Umm ali (milk dessert)
• Crème caramel
• Fresh fruit salad