Are you interested in?
- Pizza and gelato cooking lesson near Florence
- Learn to make pizza and gelato in Italy
- Enjoy a 3-course meal with wine or beer at the picturesque Tuscan estate that hosts the class
- Includes dinner, instruction, and round-trip transportation from central Florence
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meeting point is in front of Biblioteca Nazionale (National Library) in Piazza dei Cavalleggeri. Look for your guide holding a Walkabout sign.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Transfer by minibus to a private estate situated in the hills above Florence. Start your culinary experience with a tasting of a traditional fettunta (toast with toppings) appetizer accompanied by a glass of Chianti wine. Soak in views of the rolling hills as your instructor shares the backstory of Italy's famous foods: pizza and gelato.
Next your chef-instructor shows you how to make pizza dough, and explains regional variations. After preparing the dough, select the topping ingredients that you like from the assortment of fresh vegetables harvested from the estate gardens. Your pizza is then baked traditional-style in the wood oven. When ready, sit down to enjoy your pizza accompanied by wine or beer.
For dessert, learn to make a creamy gelato that can be accompanied by toppings and sauces. Your instructor provides recipes for the pizza and gelato so that you can make them at home.
Your culinary experience ends with a return trip to your starting point in Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Gluten free requirements cannot be accommodated
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walkabout
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The entire class is on a beautiful terrace overlooking the Tuscan countryside, so don't forget a camera!" See review
- "There is a lot of stairs and cobble roads but every step is worth it!" See review
- "Winter cold is no problem at all, as it is all done indoors (except of course for the wood fire oven)." See review