6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Get up close and personal with the fishermen, boat builders and hat makers of Manta, and enjoy a wildlife spotting trip to Pacoche Humid Forest, during this private 7-hour excursion. Learn about Manta’s fishing industry during a tour of the city fish market, then observe boat builders as they fashion and repair local fishing vessels. Also, get to explore the Pacoche Humid Forest, spotting for its resident howler monkeys, and learn about Ecuador’s famous Montecristi hat in the haberdashery shops of Ciudad Alfaro. This Manta excursion also includes a private guide, snacks and entrance fees.
- Learn about the fishermen of Manta and explore Pacoche Humid Forest on a private tour
- Discover Manta's fishing industry during a visit to the city fish market and exploration of its boat building community
- Search for howler monkeys during a walk in the Pacoche Humid Forest
- Hear about the history of Ecuador's Montecristi hat during a trip to the hat-making shops of Ciudad Alfaro
- Private guide ensures personalized attention and service
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Autoridad Portuaria de Manta - Edificio Administrativo, Manta, Ecuador
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Fishermen and Pacoche Humid Forest Walking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Fishermen and Pacoche Humid Forest Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Fishermen and Pacoche Humid Forest Walking Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Fishermen and Pacoche Humid Forest Walking Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The walking tour was a little rigorous, and it should be noted for visitors with at least moderate endurance and balance." See review
Product code: 5640P39
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMantaShore Excursions - GuayaquilBus Tours - GuayaquilNature and Wildlife - GuayaquilWalking Tours - GuayaquilPorts of Call Tours - GuayaquilHalf-day Tours - GuayaquilShore Excursions - MindoBus Tours - MindoNature and Wildlife - MindoWalking Tours - MindoPorts of Call Tours - MindoHalf-day Tours - MindoShore Excursions - QuitoBus Tours - QuitoNature and Wildlife - QuitoWalking Tours - QuitoPorts of Call Tours - QuitoHalf-day Tours - QuitoCategory