Private Hiking Day Trip to Mt. Longonot from Nairobi
Price varies by group size
- Stop to admire the view over the Great African Rift Valley
- Look out for Mt. Suswa and hot springs during a photo stop
- Savor a lakeside lunch, then cruise around Lake Naivasha
- Enjoy personalized attention from your own private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Any hotel around Nairobi
Note: airport pick up to your hotel you will be charge an extra USD 20 (pay on arrival)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
Stop at a vantage point to gaze out over the rift valley floor, and learn about its geology from your guide. Formed some five million years ago, the rift cuts through Tanzania, Kenya, and Ethiopia on its way from the Red Sea. The area is ripe with volcanic activity, and you’ll see bubbling geysers, hot springs, lakes, and even Mt. Suswa as you cast your eyes over the plains.
Continue to the heart of Mt. Longonot National Park for your crater hike. Follow your guide through the valley and climb through the ravines that carve around the mountain. The route is steep and requires a good standard of fitness, but the views from the crater rim make it all worthwhile. Peer into the crater’s lip, and, if your legs aren’t too tired, take a walk around the rim itself.
Make your way back down the mountain, then travel by coach to Lake Naivasha for a waterside lunch at the marina camp. You’ll then enjoy a final sightseeing experience on the lake itself. Hop on a boat for an hour-long cruise around the rift valley lake. Look out for birds such as the African fish eagle that swoops into the water to catch fish, and look out for hippos wallowing in the shallows.
Your day trip then ends with a drop-off back at your Nairobi hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PERFECT WILDERNESS TOURS AND SAFARIS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Hiking Day Trip to Mt. Longonot from Nairobi.
- "Several small shops are nearby the dedicated lookout point, and these places are perfect for buying small arts items." See review