On the day of the performance, exchange your booking confirmation voucher for your ticket at the theater box office. Then, at 8:30pm head to St. Pauls Within the Walls, Rome’s Episcopal church that was built in the 19th-century. Today, the basilica is often used as a concert venue, such as the evening performance of Rossini’s The Barber of Seville.
Once inside, you’ll take a seat in the front or back of the church, depending on your booking option, then settle in to enjoy the music. Performed by the Orchestra I Virtuosi dell’opera di Roma, the opera tells the tale of Figaro, a heroic barber who helps the Count Almaviva to marry Rosina.
The full opera lasts around 2.5 hours, and ends inside the church. See the Itinerary for a summary of the cast.
• Il Conte d'Almaviva: Giuliano Di Filippo, Tenor
• Bartolo: Mauro Utzeri, Baritone
• Rosina: Sabina Leone, Soprano
• Figaro: Carlo Riccioli, Baritone
• Basilio: Fabrizio Nestonni, Basso
• Berta: Irene Bottaro, Mezzosoprano
• Fiorello: Stefano Viti, Basso
• Ambrogio/Un Ufficiale: Lorenzo Scaccia, Basso