This combo sightseeing experience allows you to tour San Francisco at your own pace to see its most famous attractions. Use your hop-on hop-off ticket to get to Pier 33, where the Alcatraz ferries depart.
With your included admission to Alcatraz, enjoy the ferry ride across San Francisco Bay, admiring the city skyline and Golden Gate Bridge. When you arrive at “the Rock,” explore the cell-block independently using the provided audio tour, which includes narration from former prisoners and guards. See where legendary criminals like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly spent their days in lockup, and learn about the history of this National Historic Landmark District.
Back in the city, your hop-on hop-off bus tour provides convenient transportation to major attractions across 24 stops (see the Itinerary section below for the full list). In the summer, enjoy the fresh air from the open top of the double-decker bus; in the winter, clear screens shelter you from the weather while still providing panoramic views. You can hop on and off wherever you wish to check out Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf and Union Square. Perhaps visit the California Academy of Sciences, go shopping or have lunch in Cow Hollow, admire the War Memorial Opera House or climb Telegraph Hill to Coit Tower. Whatever you don’t see on the first day, you can still do tomorrow!
STOP 1 – Visitor Information Center
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Leavenworth & Jefferson
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Anchorage Square; The Cannery at Del Monte Square’s shops and restaurants; San Francisco Maritime Historic Park at Hyde Street Pier and Aquatic Park; the famous Cable Cars on Hyde Street hill; and Ghirardelli Square, a chocolate-lovers paradise.
STOP 2 - Alcatraz Landing
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of North Point & Embarcadero
- POINTS OF INTEREST: One of the most popular destinations in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Alcatraz Island is home to the former max-security infamous federal prison.
STOP 3 – Levi's Plaza
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Battery and Union Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Visit the Levi's Store at Levi Strauss Plaza or walk to Coit Tower and visit the top for stunning 360 degree views of the city and bay! Other points: Cruise Terminal, Fog City Diner, and the Exploratorium
STOP 4 – Embarcadero Center
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Clay and Davis Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Embarcadero Center offers over 120 unique dining and shopping experiences. Embarcadero Plaza and Justin Herman Plaza surround the center and serve as parks along Embarcadero Street.
STOP 5 – Hyatt Regency Hotel
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Market and Steuart Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Stroll through the Ferry Building Marketplace where you can find a dreamy selection of artisan food, independently owned and operated businesses, and a local farmers market. The Ferry Building showcases some of the Bay Area's finest local offerings. Get up close to the Bay Bridge for exceptional photo opportunities.
STOP 6 – Union Square South
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Geary and Powell Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Central Shopping and Theatre District –featuring department stores, upscale boutiques, art galleries, salons, grand hotels, and repertory theatres. Westfield Centre and Cable Cars.
- Start point for the 'Gold Rush Daze' FREE walking tour**
STOP 7 - Van Ness Ave
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Van Ness and Post Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Hop off directly between Japantown and Nob Hill neighborhoods
STOP 8– Lombard Street
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Lombard Street @ Gough (in front of Town House Motel)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: A convenient stop for hotels on Van Ness and Lombard, you’re walking distance from Lombard Street “the crookedest street in the world." Nearby shopping can found at fabulous Union Street.
STOP 9 – Palace of Fine Arts
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Richardson and Chestnut
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Just a few blocks from the Palace of Fine arts, a famous relic of the 1915 Panama Pacific Exposition. Walk into the Presidio for a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum or see LucasFilm's Letterman Digital Arts Center’s iconic Yoda Fountain.
STOP 10 – Golden Gate Bridge (South Vista Point)
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: South Vista Point
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Great views of San Francisco’s skyline and Alcatraz Island or walk the span of the bridge over the entrance of San Francisco Bay.
- Change here for the Double Decker Sausalito Cable Car Tour**
STOP 11 - Golden Gate Park / California Academy of Sciences
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Concourse Drive, in front of Academy of Sciences (Sundays and Holidays: 8th Ave. & Fulton)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Music Concourse, De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Botanical and Japanese Tea Gardens. Also nearby, boat rentals at Stow Lake.
- Change here for the Golden Gate Park & Ocean Beach Trolley**
STOP 12 - Golden Gate Park / Conservatory of Flowers
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: John F. Kennedy Drive
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Victorian glass and wooden greenhouse is home to exotic tropical flowers and plants and is the oldest of its kind. Outside you can find stunning floral layouts and breathtaking architecture.
STOP 13 - Haight-Ashbury District
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Haight Street @ Stanyan (in front of McDonald's)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Eclectic district, famous for its role in the 1960’s Hippie Movement, is still a center for bohemian culture. It is lined with one-of-a-kind shops, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants
- Start point for the 'Love, Peace & Haight' FREE walking tour**
- Bus and Bike COMBO ONLY bike pickup stop
STOP 14 - Haight-Ashbury District
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Haight Street @ Masonic (in front of Magnolia Brew Pub)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: For those looking for the full experience, hop off at STOP 14 and walk all the way through the Haight and hop back on at the other side
- End point for the 'Love, Peace & Haight' FREE walking tour**
STOP 15 – Alamo Square
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Divisadero and Hayes Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Walk just two blocks to the famous row of San Francisco Victorians to see the houses premiering in opening credits of "Full House" and "Fuller House"!
STOP 16 – Civic Center / City Hall
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: On Larkin between Grove and Fulton (front of Asian Art Museum)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Featuring the Beaux-Arts City Hall with its massive gold leaf covered dome, the War Memorial Opera House, Davies Symphony Hall, and the Asian Art Museum.
STOP 17 - Hilton Hotel
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Taylor and Ellis
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Walking distance to Westfield Shopping Center and Market Street’s Muni and Bart stations, and theatre district
STOP 18 - Union Square North
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Post and Powell
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Shopping, cable cars, visit our head office at 478 Post Street
- Start point for the 'Gold Rush Daze' FREE walking tour**
STOP 19 - Chinatown Gate
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Grant Bush Street – across from Chinatown Gate
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Go through “The Dragon Gate” entry to Chinatown. Also nearby, San Francisco’s very own quaint French Quarter
STOP 20 - Portsmouth Square
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Kearny Street, between Clay & Washington (in from of Hilton Financial District)
- POINTS OF INTEREST: The tallest building in San Francisco, the TransAmerica Pyramid; Chinatown; Fortune Cookie Factory
STOP 21 - Broadway
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Broadway and Kearny Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Visit Lawrence Ferlinghetti's City Lights bookstore; North Beach/Little Italy
STOP 22 - Washington Square
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Columbus Ave and Francisco Street
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Enjoy cultured café’s, restaurants, and gelaterias or walk to Coit Tower, Lombard “the world’s crookedest” Street and Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral
STOP 23 - Pier 39
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: In front of Hard Rock Cafe
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Experience Pier 39s fun shopping and dining, bay cruise departures, sea lions, and the Aquarium of the Bay
- 7D experience location for 48 hour ticket holders**
STOP 24 – PIER 41-Gray Line Box Office
- Hop-On, Hop-Off: Little Embarcadero at Performance Plaza
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Hop on a ferry to Sausalito