Baku Old City (Icherisheher) Tours and Activities
In December of 2000, this popular destination became the first ever UNESCO World Heritage-listed site in Azerbaijan. Home to the Palace of the Maiden Tower and the Palace of the Shirvanshahs, the famous Old City is an epicenter of history, culture and tradition that attracts travelers from across the globe.
Age is evident in the surrounding architecture—not just in design, but because many of the buildings are in disrepair—and the picturesque streets of Old City are ideal for exploring. Whether it’s the back alleyways, souvenir shops, museums or the palace interior, there’s plenty to see on these ancient walkways. Visitors can hire a guide or strike out on their own. All that’s required is a sense of adventure and some comfortable shoes!
Tours and Activities to Experience Baku Old City (Icherisheher)
- Palace of the Shirvanshahs (Şirvanşahlar Sarayi Kompleksi)
- Maiden Tower (Qiz Qalasi)
- Fountains Square (Fevvareler Meydani)
- Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum (Azerbaycan Milli Xalça Muzeyi)
- Baku Boulevard (Denizkenari Milli Park)
- Martyrs' Lane (Şehidler Xiyabani)
- Baku Ferris Wheel (Baku Eye)
- Heydar Aliyev Center
- Flame Towers (Alov Qülleleri)
- Bibi-Heybat Mosque (Bibiheybet Mescidi)
- Yanar Dag