From the opening of Berlin's Schwules Museum in 1985 to the world’s largest Pride parade in Madrid and the first legal same-sex marriage in the Netherlands, LGBTQ history has been made in some of Europe's greatest cities. Whether you're a member of the LGBTQ community or a straight ally, here’s how to discover Europe’s LGBTQ history. Experiences
- On a tour of Brighton, the unofficial LGBTQ capital of the United Kingdom, explore the atmospheric Lanes and learn how Brighton hosted a same-sex wedding back in 1923.
- Visit Berlin’s famous Schwules Museum: the world’s first Gay Museum.
- Get the inside scoop on Athens’ most popular LGBTQ bars and nightclubs on a private bar-hopping tour.
- Enjoy a small-group, gay-friendly sightseeing tour of Lisbon in a supportive environment with other LGBT travelers.
- Hear firsthand accounts of LGBTQ history-making in the Netherlands from a local guide in Amsterdam.
- Learn about LGBTQ rights in France on a walking tour of Paris' historic Marais district.