Invercargill Tours, Tickets, & Excursions
Saved to wishlist!
Four-wheel drive vehicles are intrinsic to our family farm life in the rugged High Country. Experience the safe yet gravity- defying nimbleness of our Green Jeeps, take in breath-taking panoramic views. You’ll be guided by a Tom, the fourth generation farmer, with his best mate ‘Tubs’, a working sheep dog who ‘speaks on command! Tom will share with the colourful gold mining history, unique High Country ecosphere and rugged schist landmarks, with true stories of farming the land since 1911 . It’s a ‘wee adventure” as we say in the South, that’s ideal for families or couples with a taste for high country adventure. ~ Amazing views and photo opportunities from 1,000m. ~ Learn about the gold-mining history & farming life. ~ Meet a working dog (it might even sit along side you). ~ Learn about the history of the area, the farm and the people. ~ Panoramic high country views of the Eyre Mountains and Nevis. ~ See if you can spot our native bird of prey, the New Zealand Peregrine falcon.
Head south with views of the Tin Range in its entirety, then over the crystal-clear waters of Pegasus and all its islands, bays and inlets. Orbit the huge grant peaks of Gog & Magog before a beach landing on one of several of the remotest beaches in New Zealand. Breath taking!
Located on a privately owned working kiwi farm set in the high country just 45 minutes South of Queenstown in a farming settlement called Garston. The Life of a Working Dog is a dog show which lasts just over an hour. You will gain an insight into farming life, the history of the area and what the Life of a Working Dog is like. Meet the famous Huntaway dogs that were bred for New Zealand's rugged high country. Witch, Pip and Tubs love to lick, shake hands and 'speak' on command. With one whistle they snap to attention ready to show you their different talents. ~ Amazing views and photo opportunities. ~ Step inside a working woolshed. ~ Meet our dogs and pat them if you wish. ~ Learn about the dogs, their different roles and jobs on the farm. ~ Watch the dogs bring the sheep into the woolshed and push them through the yards. ~ Learn how they respond to different commands.
A visit to our farm and guided tour of our animals provides you with unique insight to rural life in New Zealand. We are excited to enable you to interact with animals you may not otherwise meet and reveal where food comes from
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Invercargill?
The best tours in Invercargill according to Viator travelers are:
What tours in Invercargill are taking additional safety precautions?
What tours in Invercargill are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Invercargill may have limited interaction with crowds:
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets