Arashiyama Park Tours
For classic Kyoto in a nutshell, head to Arashiyama Park. The perennially popular area is rich in temples and a riot of fall colors in November, with pink cherry blossoms in April.
The park area embraces several major sights, including Tenryu-ji Temple, founded in 1339. The main temple of the Rinzai school of Zen Buddhism, Tenryu-ji is a UNESCO World Heritage Site surrounded by tranquil Zen gardens and bamboo forest.
There are many other temples in Arashiyama, including the Gio-ji, Jojakko-ji and Daikaku-ji temples. Another highlight is walking across the Moon Crossing Bridge, with views over to Mt Arashiyama.
Arashiyama Park is north-west of central Kyoto, by the Oi River. Buses run to Arashiyama from the city center, and the closest train station is JR Saga Arashiyama.
62 Tours and Activities to Experience Arashiyama Park
Frequently Asked Questions
- Arashiyama Morning Walking Tour, Bamboo Grove and Tenryuji, Jojakkoji,Togetsukyo
- Kyoto Arashiyama Insider Walking Tour
- Arashiyama Rickshaw Tour and Japanese Foot Spa Combo in Kyoto
- Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Bamboo Private Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide
Things to do near Kyoto
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Nara
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Takamatsu
- Things to do in Kanazawa
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Hakone
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Vladivostok
- Things to do in Nara Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture