If you live in New York City, it can be easy to forget about the amazing sites sitting in your own backyard. Whether you have company in town or just want to play tourist for a day, here are a few ways to experience your city from a different perspective.
- Book skip-the-line tickets for the Empire State Building and enjoy 360-degree views from the 86th-floor observatory.
- Take in the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline by night on a dinner cruise around New York Harbor.
- Admire the works of modern artists such as Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol, and Jasper Johns at the Museum of Modern Art, then head over to Long Island to see the contemporary art collection at MoMa PS1.
- Join a small-group tour to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for pedestal access and entrance to the Immigration Museum.
- Take in a Broadway musical such as The Lion King or The Phantom of the Opera.
- Give visiting guests an overview of all the city's best attractions in one day on a hop-on, hop-off sightseeing boat cruise.
- Step back in time to the 1960s by taking a Mad Men-inspired walking tour.
- Visit 50 different gardens and collections at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx.