Centered on the historic Grand Place, Brussels boasts beautiful architecture, traditional café culture, and colorful European history. See below to learn how to make the most of your time in the Belgian capital on a convenient tour from Paris.
- Once you've seen the Palace of Versailles, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower on a Paris tour, take a day trip to explore Brussels.
- Choose a group tour to meet other travelers in Europe or a private tour for undivided attention from your tour guide.
- Stroll through the Grand Place (Grote Markt) and admire the impressive baroque architecture for which Brussels is famous, then visit the gardens of the Royal Palace (Palais Royal).
- Enjoy roundtrip transportation from Paris to Belgium.
- Hear the hidden stories behind the 17th-century Manneken Pis, Brussels' cheekiest and best-known statue.
- Spend free time checking out the bold facade and stained-glass windows of the 15th-century Saint-Michel Cathedral and the church of Notre-Dame du Sablon.
Things to Know
- Brussels lies 190 miles (307 kilometers) north of Paris, the capital of France. The journey takes about four hours by road and two hours by train.
- Brussels is a small city made up of 19 municipalities, and there’s plenty to discover away from the historic Grand Place
- The weather in Belgium can vary, so pack layers.
- Brussels features a walkable city center and a number of parks and gardens, plus the Sonian Forest, so pack good walking shoes.