Visitors to Rio de Janeiro should budget time to explore some of the tropical islands surrounding the Marvelous City. Make your escape to the coastal villages, islands, and beaches on Brazil’s Green Coast; all are within easy reach from the city port or marina. Here are a few options for island-hopping tours from Rio.
- Hop aboard a schooner and cruise around Sepetiba Bay, dotted with 300 islets and home to dolphins, sea turtles, and stingrays.
- Set sail for Angra dos Reis on a lunch cruise that includes swimming in the crystal-clear waters around the archipelago.
- Ride a speedboat to stunning beaches and bays en route to Ilha Grande, and snorkel around the Blue Lagoon, Japariz Beach, and the Botinas Islands.
- Explore the pristine swimming beaches and caves of Arraial do Cabo, or venture farther afield on a day trip to Búzios.
- Savor views of Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer as well as Rio de Janeiro’s city skyline during a catamaran ride around Guanabara Bay.
- Charter your own boat and get the VIP treatment on a private island-hopping tour.