With many restaurants temporarily closed, now’s the time to test your home cooking skills. A Singapore food tour company owner takes you on a journey through global cuisines with recipes for Thai coconut soup, Indian masala dosa, sabbath-inspired challah bread, and more. Join her in the kitchen.
Ode to Art
Mon-Sat 10.30am-9.30pm, Sun 10.30am-8pm
252 North Bridge Road, Raffles City Shopping Centre, #01-36E/F, Singapore, 179103
The seemingly small gallery space, located within the Raffles City Shopping Centre, uses a series of sliding and flippable panels on the walls to display a surprisingly large number of pieces. Despite its small size, the gallery has earned the reputation as being one of the top art galleries in Singapore. Those in the market for a new work of art can have any pieces purchased shipped to most international countries. Admission is free.
Things to Know Before You Go
- No advanced planning is required to visit the gallery, so it’s a great option for spontaneous travelers.
- Rotating themed exhibitions ensure you’ll see something new every time you visit.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the shopping center.
How to Get There
Ode to Art is inside the Raffles City Shopping Centre, within easy walking distance of the City Hall and Esplanade MRT Stations. Local buses also stop nearby at Bras Basah Road, Stamford Road, or North Bridge Road.
When to Get There
The gallery is open daily throughout the year. Its location inside the air conditioned Raffles City makes it an excellent option for a hot afternoon or to escape the occasional downpour.
Where to See Free Art in Singapore While Singapore is blessed with several excellent museums, you don’t have to blow your budget on tickets to see excellent art. See one of the largest Salvador Dali collections outside of Spain at the Parkview Museum, or check out the best of modern and contemporary art at the ION Art Gallery inside the ION mall. The forward-thinking Red Dot Design Museum is by donation. Free public art installations line the Singapore River, as well as the Marina Bay Sands Art Path.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast