Located midway between Vancouver and Whistler, Squamish—known as the adventure capital of Canada—is a veritable playground for outdoors lovers. From hiking to rock climbing, wildlife watching to white-water rafting, here are our top picks for summer fun in Squamish.
- Go stand-up paddleboarding or kayaking down the scenic Squamish River.
- Navigate exhilarating Class III and IV rapids while white-water rafting down the Elaho or Cheakamus Rivers. Alternatively, opt for a gentle rafting trip down the Squamish River at dusk.
- Don a harness and climbing lanyards, and make your way along the Squamish Via Ferrata. This climbing route is equipped with fixed cables and ladders, making it suitable for all experience levels.
- Admire the spectacular scenery of Canada’s west coast, including Howe Sound, Squamish Chief Mountain, and Shannon Falls, from a Sea to Sky Gondola cabin.
- Soar over the breathtaking peaks, emerald lakes, and plunging valleys of British Columbia during a flightseeing airplane ride above Squamish Valley.
- Look for local wildlife, including goats, eagles, and even grizzly bears.
- Go camping and sleep among the peaks of the Coast Mountains.
- Hike the trails of the Garibaldi Provincial Park, Squamish’s biggest provincial park.