Receive a morning pickup from the Arica port or from local hotels. Over the course of the day you’ll enjoy visits to a variety of natural, archaeological, and cultural sites in and around the Azapa and Lluta Valleys.
Check out the unique wildlife area found at the mouth of the “Rio Llluta” before exploring some historic geoglyphs and the Colcas de Huaylacan site. After visiting the town of Poconchile, you’ll continue to the Archaeological Museum San Miguel de Azapa, allowing you time to delve more deeply into the region’s Chincherro culture.
You’ll also see the Cerro Sombrero archaeological site, visit the agricultural market ASOAGRO and enjoy scenic viewpoints from the “Morro de Arica” scenic overlook. At the end of the excursion you’ll be transferred back to your hotel or to the port. For a full run-down of the day’s planned itinerary, please review the details below.
• Hotel or Port pickup
• Visit Sanctuary of the Mouth Nature Wetland of Rio Lluta
• Archeological Colcas de Huaylacan
• Archeological Geoglyphs Gigante de Lluta
• Town of Poconchile / Church de San Jeronimo de Poconchile
• Archeological Museum San Miguel de Azapa, Pre-Colombian and Chinchorro Culture Hall
• Archeological site Cerro Sombrero, Geoglyphs Cerro Sagrado / Geoglyphs La Tropilla
• Agricultural Market ASOAGRO.
• Morro de Arica, with a panoramic view over the City of Arica
• Tour in the center of the City, Cathedral San Marcos and Ex Aduana building
• Ending at the Port of Arica or your Hotel