Are you interested in?
Forbidden City (Palace Museum) Tours
1157 Tours & Activities
Attractions & Museums
38 Tours & Activities
Tickets & Passes
377 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
You may also like
Beijing Forbidden City is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of China’s most visited attractions, with up to 16 million annual visitors. This prepaid admission ticket lets you skip the long ticket lines, saving up to two hours at busy times. Explore the magnificent palace complex at your own pace, upgrade for a guided tour, or opt for an all-access pass including admission to the Hall of Clocks and the Treasure Gallery.
- Admission to Beijing Forbidden City: skip the long ticket lines
- See the Meridian Gate, Palace of Heavenly Purity, and Imperial Garden
- Choose to visit independently or upgrade to enjoy a guided tour
- No fixed entrance time: arrive and leave according to your schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Main admission ticket to the Forbidden City.
All-pass ticket package includes the Hall of Clocks and the Treasure Gallery.
Tour guide service (optional).
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Gratuities to tour guide recommended on good service.
Departure & Return
Departure PointForbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Peak Season (April 1st - October 31st): 8:30 - 17:00. Last Entry: 16:10.
- Off Season (November 1st - March 31st): 8:30 - 16:30. Last entry: 15:40.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Visitors must enter from Wu Men (South Gate), and exit from Shenwu Men (North Gate) or Donghua Men (East Gate).
- Passport name and number is required for “all participants” upon booking. Please make sure the passengers' information you fill in on your booking form is exactly the same as that on their passports. Otherwise, you may not be able to access to the attraction.
- No e-ticket or paper ticket. The only document is your passport. Please show your passport at the entrance for direct entry.
- The ticket is only valid on the day you book to travel.
- Group tickets can be verification under any one people of the group. No-show ticket is non-refundable after ticket verification.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- The Forbidden City is closed on Mondays due to the maintenance.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Trippest Mini Group Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Beijing Forbidden City Entrance Ticket (with Optional Guided Service)?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Beijing Forbidden City Entrance Ticket (with Optional Guided Service)?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Product code: 7137P130
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursAttractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingBeijingSkip-the-Line Tours - Northern ChinaAttractions & Museums - Northern ChinaMuseum Tickets & Passes - Northern ChinaSkip-the-Line Tours - TianjinAttractions & Museums - TianjinMuseum Tickets & Passes - TianjinSkip-the-Line Tours - DatongAttractions & Museums - DatongMuseum Tickets & Passes - DatongCategory
Huanghuacheng Great WallShijia Hutong MuseumNational Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA)Treasure GalleryCCTV HeadquartersNanluoguxiangCuandixia Village Prince Gong Mansion (Gong Wang Fu)Miaoying TempleThe Legend of Kung Fu ShowTemple of Earth (Ditan Park)Huguang Guild HallOld Summer Palace (Yuanming Yuan)National Art Museum of China (NAMOC)Wangfujing Street (Wangfujing Dajie)Juyongguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Juyong Pass) ShichahaiDongyue TempleGreat Wall from Jinshanling to SimataiBeijing Zoo