Are you interested in?
- Bike tour of Budapest, including a delicious goulash meal
- Enjoy a fun way to see Budapest’s famous sights, following cycle lanes and other car-free routes
- View top Budapest attractions including Heroes' Square, St. Stephen’s Basilica, and the Buda Castle District
- See the Széchenyi Baths and pedal along Andrassy Avenue and the Chain Bridge
- Head for a leafy park for a classic Hungarian goulash at an open-air restaurant
- Learn entertaining facts about Budapest’s history and culture from an expert local guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Tours meet on Deák Ferenc square, at the STAIRS OF THE LUTHERAN CHURCH 1052, Budapest, Deák Ferenc tér 4. How to find the meeting point: it is on the corner of Deák Ferenc square and the main road (Károly Krt.) with a tram line next to a metro entrance 50 meter from the end of tram lines 47 - 49 30 meter from the parking tour buses 50 meter from Ritz Carlton Hotel, McDonalds in Sütö street and Starbucks café. NOTICE: Please make sure to allow yourself enough time to get to the meeting point, the group will leave from the meeting point at 10:30. If you are late, we will not be able to pick you up later. Do not let other participants wait for you!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass the neo-Renaissance Opera House as you cruise down Andrassy Avenue, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After some explanation from your guide, steer your wheels toward Heroes’ Square, well known for its iconic statues of the seven Magyar chieftains. Nearby lies the foliage of Budapest’s City Park, where you can find Vajdahunyad Castle.
From there, bike toward the cupola of the Széchenyi Baths, built in 1908. Take a peek at the thermal pools before heading back toward central Budapest. Gaze up at the towering structure of St. Stephen’s Basilica and take a brief stop in front of the House of Terror, a museum documenting Hungarian history during World War II and Communist rule.
Then, as you make your way across the Chain Bridge, pass the stunning architecture of the Parliament Building, home to the Holy Crown of Hungary.
Head up the Buda Castle District, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, while your guide discusses the historical and political importance of the area.
Then pedal to an open-air restaurant to rest your legs and reward your belly with a hot bowl of Hungarian goulash, before returning to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Biking ability is needed to participate in the tour, make sure that you can ride a bike safely and confidently in a foreign city.
- You will need to keep an easy, pleasant speed with the rest of the group
- The tour is 4,5 hours long, including preparations it will end around 15:00
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Vegetarian meal is available
- Not recommended for children under 10 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Budapest Bike Breeze
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It was a chilly day but biking made it a lot easier to deal with." See review