4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Inca people on this 4-day hike to Machu Picchu along the sacred pilgrimage route of the Inca Trail. During the challenging trek to this world-famous citadel and UNESCO World Heritage site, you’ll explore ancient ruins, admire majestic mountain views and see diverse plant and animal life. This tour includes transfers to and from the start of the trail, entrance fees, experienced guide and porters, camping equipment and meals during the hike.
- Guided 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Hike the famous Inca Trail
- Pass Inca ruins and cities and catch breathtaking views of the Andean mountain range
- All entrance fees, equipment and transportation included
- Book this tour months in advance: government-issued permits are required, which sell out quickly.
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Though steep and challenging, the 4-day Inca Trail is an iconic and rewarding way to reach Machu Picchu.
Saved to wishlist!
4-day trek to Machu Picchu.
Hotel pickup and drop off
Transfer in private bus to the start of the Inca Trail
English speaking guide
Igloo tent (2 people in each 4-person tent)
Dining tent with tables and chairs
Cook and cooking equipment
Porter for group camping equipment, not personal belongings (backpacks, sleeping bag)
All meals on the trail except lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
Transfer from the train station back to hotel in Cusco
Extra porters (15lb USD 108) (26lb USD216)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This activity includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel, apartment or home. Some locations are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send your details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The Inca Trail is likely to sell out and must be booked as far in advance as possible
- The Inca Trail is closed in February due to maintenance on the roads
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If booked in advance, the cost for an additional porter is $108 (15lbs). If an additional porter is booked with short notice, the cost remains the same, but there is no guarantee of confirmation or availability given the tour's high demand.
- Please note: Poroy Station will be closed from 1st January to 30th April 2017. The Vistadome, Expedition and Executive trains will be departing from Ollataytambo or Pachar station, located approximately 1.5 hours from Cusco, during this period. Transfers to the stations from Cusco are included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Viajes Pacifico
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 5243TRAIL
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyArchaeology Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred ValleyHistorical Tours - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoArchaeology Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto MaldonadoWalking Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHistorical Tours - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaArchaeology Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaHistorical Tours - ArequipaCategory
Sacred Valley of the IncasMt. PutucusiCochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi)San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)TiponPisac Indian MarketPlanetarium CuscoMercado Central de San PedroCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)Raqch'iQuechua VillageInca Quarry TrailAguas CalientesAgricultural Terraces of MorayPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Ollantaytambo RuinsMt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)Maras Salt PoolsAusangate TrailInca Museum (Museo Inka)