Are you interested in?
31 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
191 Tours & Activities
Top National Parks in Darwin
11 Tours & Activities
6 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore Kakadu National Park, Arnhem Land, and the rugged Top End on a 3-day outback safari from Darwin. You'll cool off in the swimming holes of World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park, look for crocodiles and birds at the Mary River, check out the Nardab Floodplain from above, and see Aboriginal rock art in Ubirr. Sleep in a comfortably outfitted tent and eat freshly prepared meals as you discover the Northern Territory with your guide.
- 3-Day Kakadu National Park, Litchfield National Park, and Mary River Camping Tour, from Darwin
- Look for saltwater crocs during a cruise on the Mary River
- Take a guided walk to see the ancient rock paintings of Ubirr in Kakadu National Park, a World Heritage Site
- Includes two nights camping accommodation, transport by 4WD-vehicle, most meals, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Transport: Private vehicle, Speedboat
Accommodation: Hotel (2 nights), Bunkhouse (2 nights), Beach Bungalow (1 night)
Complimentary Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer
Bawaka Homeland - Welcome to Country traditional smoking ceremony
Bawaka Homeland - Yolngu cultural class & activities
Yirrkala - Lovely Beach
Yirrkala - Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre
Dhambaliya (Bremer Island) - Cultural activities
It is prohibited to take alcohol on this trip as much of East Arnhem Land is alcohol-free
A Single Supplement is not available on this trip.
Any meals not included in the itinerary
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
It’s very important that you attend the welcome meeting as we will be checking insurance and emergency contact details at this time. If you are going to be late, please let an Intrepid representative or your travel agent know.
- Nhulunbuy Airport, Gove, Northern Territory Australia
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Note that the opening dates of waterfalls (including Jim Jim Falls) and attractions vary each year and can change on a daily basis in the wet and shoulder seasons. Due to National Park rules and road laws, we cannot guarantee the opening of Jim Jim Falls and other attractions at any time. Alternative activities will be substituted at the tour guides’ discretion, dependent on local conditions.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travelers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- Luggage must be kept to a maximum of 15kgs per person in a backpack or soft overnight bag with a small additional day pack.
- A Single Supplement is not available on this trip.
- It is prohibited to take alcohol on this trip as much of East Arnhem Land is alcohol-free
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- COVID-19 The safety and wellbeing of our travellers, leaders, crew, staff, and suppliers continues to remain our highest priority as we travel. You can read more about how we will keep you safe on our trips, including our COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines on our website. We will not require a negative COVID-19 test before joining a trip unless it is a requirement of entry for the country. If you are unwell prior to travelling, please stay at home and contact us to make alternative arrangements. At the group meeting, you will be asked to complete a self-screening health form and report any COVID-19 symptoms as well as any close contact with someone who has suspected or confirmed COVID-19. If you are displaying any symptoms or have any health concerns at this time, we will follow the advice of local health authorities to determine whether medical assistance, isolation or further action is required. We ask all travellers to continue to monitor their health throughout their travels and report any relevant symptoms to their tour leader.
- Accommodation Hotel (2 nights), Bunkhouse (2 nights), Beach Bungalow (1 night) This trip is conducted in remote areas with only basic facilities at times and limited communications links to the outside world. When staying in the Bawaka Homelands you may be asked to help with the preparation of food, washing of dishes and general assistance as directed by the guides.
- The Yolŋu of East Arnhem Land recognise six different seasons based on thousands of years of weather patterns detected across their country. The transitions between seasons are marked by subtle variations in the weather, the plants in flower, and the bush foods that are most abundant. You will learn more about the traditional seasons during your stay here. The Northern Territory cyclone season officially commences on 1 November and runs through until 30 April each year. East Arnhem Land experiences year-round high temperatures, with December to February often reaching over 35°C. Take precautions against the sun all year round, such as wearing a hat, sunglasses and long-sleeves, using sunscreen, staying hydrated and in the shade during the heat of the day.
- Group Leader On this trip you will be looked after by different Yolngu guides and hosts throughout your time in Nhulumbuy, Bremer Island and on country at the Bawaka Homelands.
- Safety: CROCODILES If in doubt, do not swim! Be sure to observe any crocodile warning signs, and never swim or venture near the waters edge outside of designated recreational areas. Fresh and saltwater crocodiles are present in waterways year-round. BOX JELLYFISH These are most common October to May but can be found in other months too. Check with your guides and hosts before swimming and seek urgent medical attention if stung. INSECTS, SPIDERS & SNAKES Keep to marked paths when walking and wear protective clothing and enclosed shoes. Tap your shoes out before putting them on. Cover up against mosquitoes by wearing long pants and sleeves and use a reputable repellent.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Australia
- If you cancel less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 55 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 31–55 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 6 -Day East Arnhem Land Adventure ?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during 6 -Day East Arnhem Land Adventure ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 6 -Day East Arnhem Land Adventure ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 6 -Day East Arnhem Land Adventure ?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 5381P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingCraft Classes Nature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursWater ToursWalking ToursJet BoatingHistorical ToursArt Classes Walking & Biking ToursWater SportsClasses & WorkshopsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNorthern TerritoryBus Tours - DarwinHiking - DarwinCraft Classes - DarwinNature and Wildlife - DarwinMulti-day Tours - DarwinWater Tours - DarwinWalking Tours - DarwinJet Boating - DarwinHistorical Tours - DarwinArt Classes - DarwinBus Tours - UluruHiking - UluruCraft Classes - UluruNature and Wildlife - UluruMulti-day Tours - UluruWater Tours - UluruWalking Tours - UluruJet Boating - UluruHistorical Tours - UluruArt Classes - UluruBus Tours - Western AustraliaHiking - Western AustraliaCraft Classes - Western AustraliaNature and Wildlife - Western AustraliaMulti-day Tours - Western AustraliaWater Tours - Western AustraliaWalking Tours - Western AustraliaJet Boating - Western AustraliaHistorical Tours - Western AustraliaArt Classes - Western AustraliaCategory
Alice Springs Reptile Centre Tours & TicketsOlive Pink Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsCullen Bay Tours & TicketsAquascene Tours & TicketsMindil Beach Tours & TicketsFannie Bay Gaol Tours & TicketsHermannsburg (Ntaria) Tours & TicketsKangaroo Sanctuary Tours & TicketsCharles Darwin National Park Tours & TicketsDarwin Waterfront Precint Tours & TicketsKarlu Karlu (Devil's Marbles Conservation Reserve) Tours & TicketsOrmiston Gorge Tours & TicketsUluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre Tours & TicketsCrocodylus Park Tours & TicketsWarradjan Cultural Centre Tours & TicketsEast Point Reserve Tours & TicketsCrocosaurus Cove Tours & TicketsWindow on the Wetlands Visitor Centre Tours & TicketsGeorge Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens Tours & TicketsDarwin Cruise Port Tours & Tickets