Are you interested in?
- Choose to upgrade for a private tour of the Louvre
- Guided walking tour inside the Louvre Museum
- Skip the line for a speedy entry
- See the 'Venus de Milo' and 'Mona Lisa'
- Enjoy commentary from an English-speaking guide, plus audio headsets so you can hear clearly
- A small-group tour limited to 25 people maximum or a private tour exclusive to only your group
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet at the Arc du Carrousel. This is a monumental arch with a horse-drawn chariot on top, situated across the road from the courtyard of the Louvre. Standing with your back to the entrance of the Louvre Museum. Before the entrance to the Tuileries Garden (Jardin du Tuileries)
The tour ends in the lobby of the Louvre, just under the Pyramid
What To Expect
Wander the diverse exhibitions, starting with the Ancient Greek Parthenon, followed by the iconic 'Venus de Milo.' While in the ancient antiquities gallery, view the celebrated 'Winged Victory of Samothrace.' Then head to the Apollo Gallery to see the opulent royal crowns of Napoleon and King Louis XV. Get a taste of the French Revolution with Delacroix’s painting 'Liberty Leading the People,' and take in the Italian Renaissance as you gaze at the work of Michelangelo and Da Vinci's 'Mona Lisa.' (See full sample list below.)
With your small group (limited to 25 people), engage in lively chats with your guide and hear entertaining anecdotes, trivia, and history. Or if you've chosen the private tour, enjoy unlimited access to your guide's wealth of knowledge. Afterward, spend as much time as you like exploring the museum independently.
Please Note: Evening tours are limited to Wednesdays and Fridays at 6:30pm. For an extra unique experience, book an evening session and wind through the quiet corridors at night, when the crowds are gone and the artwork is basked in soft light. Enjoy the tour without all the bustle, and finish with great views of the Louvre’s glittery outside pyramid lit up after dusk.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Only very small bags are allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that parties of 7 or more people may be split in different groups on the day of the tour at the meeting point.
- We may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue.
- All visitors over the age of 11 will be required to wear a mask in the museum, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied. Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided at both entrances to disinfect hands and must be used before entering the building. Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected in the museum.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is specifically crafted to respect safety measures and social distancing. Wearing masks is mandatory inside the museum for all visitors from the age of 11.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Be aware that you will be going up and down many stairs so wear comfortable shoes for walking and standing." See review
- "The museum is huge and can be overwhelming so it is very helpful to have a guide to show you the highlights." See review
- "Skip the line is the way to go because the crowds are massive at the Louvre." See review