Standley Chasm (Angkerle Atwatye) Tours and Tickets
Standley Chasm, also known as Angkerle Atwatye, or just Angkerle, is a place of great significance to the local Aboriginal people. A spectacular slot gorge, the deep, narrow chasm cuts through the tough quartzite of the native stone and puts on a magnificent display of color and form as the sun passes through the sky.
Surrounding the chasm is a lush valley and an abundance of walking trails. A short walk from the kiosk to the chasm is particularly rewarding at midday when the sun shines directly overhead. Another walk from the kiosk heads west and climbs to a saddle with views of the area's mountains and valleys. For more avid hikers, sections 3 and 4 of the Larapinta Trail meet at Standley Chasm and can be hiked as either long day trips or overnight hikes.
Standley Chasm is the easiest place to access the Chewings Ranges for those who do not wish to hike the Larapinta Trail. The Chewings Ranges are home to some of the most rare and threatened wildlife of the West MacDonnell Ranges.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Standley Chasm (Angkerle Atwatye)
- MacDonnell Ranges
- Mt. Gillen
- Mbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum (Mbantua Aboriginal Art Gallery)
- Simpsons Gap
- Larapinta Trail
- Alice Springs Desert Park
- Finke Gorge National Park
- Alice Springs School of the Air Visitor Centre
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum)
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre
- Kangaroo Sanctuary
- Anzac Hill
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- Hermannsburg (Ntaria)