Just a short boat ride from Cancun, Isla Mujeres is a popular beach destination that’s more sedate than the mainland. It also offers some top-notch snorkeling and scuba diving around its coral reefs in Caribbean waters. Here are the top experiences you can expect from snorkeling tours on Isla Mujeres.
- Board a luxurious catamaran, trimaran, or sailboat from Cancun and sail to Isla Mujeres’ hidden beaches and coral reefs.
- Tour the island by golf cart (no cars are allowed), then snorkel at Playa Norte, the island's most beautiful beach.
- Take a snorkeling trip or scuba dive to the submerged statues of the Underwater Museum of Art, located just off the coast.
- Swim with whale sharks and other marine life in the crystal-clear waters off the island on a guided tour with a local expert who knows the best times and places to spot these gentle giants of the sea.
- Enjoy a day of snorkeling at Garrafon Natural Reef Park to see the colorful fish.
- Private tours offer the chance to customize your itinerary.
- Some boat tours include food and some include an open bar.