Winter in Cancun is a popular time to visit for good reason—lots of sunshine and scant rainfall mean perfect conditions for hitting the beach, exploring Maya ruins, or snorkeling coral reefs. The nightlife stays hot all winter, so book ahead to snag VIP access or tickets to shows. Here’s how to plan the perfect winter vacation in Cancun:
- Dance the night away to live music at Coco Bongo.
- Cruise to Isla Mujeres for a day of snorkeling and beach time.
- Check out ancient ruins on a day trip to Chichen Itza or Tulum.
- Hit the water on a pirate ship for a family-friendly show.
- Party into the New Year with tickets to a hot holiday event.
- Spot pink flamingos and crocodiles on a tour of Rio Lagartos.