Luodai Ancient Town
Visitors flock to Luodai Ancient Town, an ancient town located in the Sichuan area of China, about 12.8 miles (20 kilometers) from Chengdu City. Situated at the base of Er’eshan Mountain as part of the Longquanshan Mountains, Luodai is considered the largest and best-preserved Hakka ancient town in the western part of the country. Ninety percent of Luodai’s inhabitants are Hakka, and the Hakka language is still spoken here.
Built more than 1,000 years ago, Luodai has a long history and, now, a vibrant tourist culture. The architecture and layout of the ancient town preserves the typical styles from Ming and Qing dynasties, with old streets, Hakka folk houses and narrow alleys. There are also several parks, a museum and four guildhalls, which add great historical and artistic value. Created in the typical architectural style of the Ming and Qing dynasties, the guildhalls feature exquisite carvings of Chinese motifs like dragons, flowers, phoenix and other birds. Be sure to check out the picturesque Yudai Lake and Jinlong Great Wall and Temple.
What's the best way to experience Luodai Ancient Town?
- From Chengdu: Giant Pandas And Luodai Ancient Town In One Day
- Private Full Day Sichuan Gourmet Food Tour from Chengdu
- Chengdu Highlights with Luodai Ancient Town Discovery
Things to do near Chengdu
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Leshan
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China