Chicago’s skyline ranks among the most impressive on the planet, thanks to its magnificent skyscrapers representing numerous architectural styles. One of the best ways to experience the sights and sounds of the “Windy City” is while floating down the Chicago River. Here’s what you need to know to make a voyage yourself.
- Take an architecture river cruise to learn why Chicago’s skyline is so impressive.
- Float past more than 40 notable buildings, including the John Hancock Building, Aon Center, Wrigley Building, and Willis Tower.
- See the illuminated waterfront, including the Buckingham Fountain, on a night cruise of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan.
- Combine a river cruise with a trolley city tour, minibus sightseeing tour, helicopter ride, or early access to the Willis Tower Skydeck.
- Chicago sightseeing cruises are offered aboard speedboats and double-decker riverboats.