With white-sand beaches, mighty cliffs, turquoise seas, and volcanic caldera views, the Aegean island of Santorini is a popular destination among sun-seeking travelers to Greece. From exciting day trips to overnight island-hopping adventures, here are the top Santorini tours from Crete.
Full day tours from Crete to Santorini allow visitors to take in all the top island attractions in one trip—ideal for travelers exploring the region using Crete as a base. Cruise from Crete to volcanic Santorini and enjoy sweeping views over the white-washed, clifftop houses, then explore historic settlements such as Thira and Oia, and visit the black-sand beach at Perissos. Both guided and independent full-day tours are available.
With a little more time to spend exploring Santorini and its surrounding on a multi-day tour, enjoy the freedom to delve a little deeper into Greece's island life and culture. On a 2-day guided tour, sail by catamaran to Santorini, visit the capital city of Thira and see the island's famed volcano. On an independent 3- or 5-day tour, you'll be afforded the opportunity to go island-hopping around Santorini and Mykonos. Discover top attractions such as the windmills of Mykonos, and enjoy free time to swim and relax in the Mediterranean sunshine at your leisure.
Things to Know
- Santorini lies 89 miles (144 kilometers) to the north of Crete.
- The cruise across the Aegean Sea from Heraklion in Crete to Santorini takes between two and three hours, depending on conditions. High-speed vessels run to shorten the journey time.
- Guided and independent full-day trips usually last 12 hours and include hotel pickup and drop-off, plus a round-trip boat ride.
- Multi-day tours run from two to five days and typically include round-trip transport, day cruises, overnight accommodation, and more.
- Santorini and the surrounding islands are very hot in summer, so remember to bring sun protection and water. Some of the walking trails are rugged, so sturdy shoes are recommended.