Colorado State Capitol Building
Reminiscent of the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., the Colorado State Capitol Building sitting high atop Denver is not just a 24 karat gold-domed meeting place for the Colorado General Assembly, but also an homage to the American governmental process, as well as a truly beautiful archaeological wonder.
Built a mile high above sea level, as denoted by the markings inscribed upon its steps, the Colorado State Capital Building has incredible views of downtown Denver, and a history that tells of the days of the Gold Rush and the incredible use of the beautiful Colorado Rose Onyx used to build the interior of the capitol and the designs of dignitaries engraved therein. It is said that the entire known supply of this rare marble was exhausted in making of the Colorado State Capitol.
Tours will tell of early Colorado history, the Capitol construction, the origin of several stained glass windows, the Woman’s Gold Tapestry, and a stop outside the State and House Representative chambers.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Colorado State Capitol Building hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Colorado State Capitol Building?
- Denver History and Highlights Small Group Tour
- Denver Guided Sightseeing Tour on Motor Scooters
- Best of Denver: Holiday Lights Tour
- Denver Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Things to do near Denver
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Moab
- Things to do in Santa Fe
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Jackson Hole
- Things to do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico