Two of the United Kingdom's top historic attractions, Windsor Castle and Stonehenge lie within easy reach of London and draw visitors from around the globe all year round. Here are a few ways to take in both of these British landmarks in one day.
- Explore two of Britain's most popular and historic sites in one day
- Marvel at the Stone Circle's prehistoric rock formations, and decide for yourself how and why they were placed there
- Explore the Stonehenge Visitor Centre, where the Stone Circle's history comes to life
- Visit Windsor Castle, Her Majesty the Queen's official residence
- Gain insight into 900 years of English history—from the time of William the Conqueror in the 11th century to present day
- With travel included, relax and take in the sites in comfort
Things to Know
- Stonehenge lies 88 miles (141 km) to the west of London, a drive of about 2.5 hours.
- Windsor Castle is set 22 miles (36 km) west of London and the journey takes about 1.5 hours.
- Day tours from London typically last 9 to 12 hours, including travel time.
- Be sure to bring your camera, seasonal clothing, water, and snacks for the trip.
- Tours typically include pickup and drop-off in central London, and many include entrance fees to Stonehenge.
Places to Visit Nearby
Windsor Castle and Stonehenge both lie west of London, and there are plenty of places nearby to stop for further exploration. Many of the Windsor Castle and Stonehenge tours from London also take in Salisbury or UNESCO–listed cities such as Bath and Oxford.