From fine dining to food trucks, burgers to barbecue, and freshly ground coffee to spicy red curry—Melbourne’s foodie scene is a global melting pot. In addition to world-class restaurants, explore regional delicacies and local artisan products. Here are the dishes and Melbourne food experiences not to miss.
Melbourne serves up an array of delicious food, with specialties from all corners of the world. Tuck into a classic Australian meat pie; take a trip to the Mediterranean via a plate of Greek souvlaki, lamb kebab, or soave; get your spice fix with a traditional Indian curry; or dig into Turkish and Lebanese inspired eats like hummus, haloumi, and spinach pies. Other popular choices include the many Chinese and Vietnamese restaurants in Chinatown, Spanish tapas bars, and North American-style taco shops.
- Hop aboard a traditional tramcar at the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant and dine on gourmet cuisine as you drive around South Melbourne.
- Experience Melbourne’s cafe culture and sample brews from around the world on a coffee walking tour of the city's atmospheric laneways.
- Indulge your sweet tooth with handmade chocolates and other treats on a tour of Melbourne’s chocolatiers, patisseries, and candy stores.
- Taste regional delicacies, artisan products, and seasonal fruits with a market tour of the historic Queen Victoria Market, accompanied by a local guide.
- Pair fine Australian wines with delicious tapas on a food and wine tasting tour.
- Discover Melbourne’s vibrant neighborhoods and tuck into Indian, Turkish, and African cuisine on a Taste of Melbourne food tour.