Things to Do in Napa & Sonoma Wine Country with Kids
Wine country with kids just sounds wrong, right? Wrong. In the vast agricultural Napa and Sonoma regions, wine is just the beginning of what’s on offer. From encounters with African giraffes and learning about local wildlife to kid-friendly wineries and picnic lunches in the vineyards, here’s how to do the wine country with kids.
- Whet your appetite for a picnic lunch and two wine tastings as youbike the Carneros wine regionandkayak up the Napa River.
- Solve clues about the sights, sounds, and tastes of downtown Napa in a brain-teasingeducational walking tour.
- Soar among ancient redwoods in a 7-linezipline coursein Sonoma.
- Float down theRussian Riveron an inflatable canoe, making stops to swim and scout out indigenous wildlife.
- Explore the African wildlife atSafari Westin Santa Rosa via open-air Jeep and on foot.
- Paddle through the Napa RiverOxbow Preserve, keeping an eye out for turtles, herons, and other wildlife from your kayak.