With the end of vacation season and the start of milder temperatures, fall in New Orleans is a wonderful time to discover the best of the city and surrounding area. For starters, there are myriad supernatural-themed tours of America’s most haunted city—perfect for Halloween. Here are some of our favorite activities.
- Enjoy the autumn weather with a cruise down the Mississippi River on the Steamboat Natchez.
- Explore the Louisiana countryside on a plantations tour or a swamp and bayou adventure.
- Learn about the city’s rich heritage and renowned culinary scene on a history and food tour.
- Get into the Halloween spirit on a voodoo tour and a visit to the city’s famous St. Louis Cemetery No. 1.
- Discover the spooky side of the French Quarter on a walking tour of haunted sites and vampire tales—with time to stop for drinks, of course.
- See more of New Orleans outside the French Quarter on a tour of the Garden District, known for its historical mansions featuring Greek Revival and Italianate architecture.