Central Park is a giant green oasis in the middle of Manhattan. While you could explore on foot, you can cover a lot more ground with wheels. Rent your own bike or join a guided bike tour to make the most of your time—here are your options.
- Opt for a guided tour for insight from a tour guide, or a bike rental to traverse the park on your own.
- Explore more than 47 miles (75 kilometers) of bike-friendly paths in the park.
- See notable attractions such as the Conservatory Garden, Belvedere Castle, the Central Park Zoo, the Imagine Mosaic, Strawberry Fields, Cleopatra's Needle, and the Central Park Carousel.
- Enjoy views of the New York City skyline and the Hudson River.
- Visit the Jackie Kennedy Onassis Reservoir and the Dakota, where John Lennon lived.
Guided Central Park Bike Tours
Follow a guide around the park to see all the best spots while pedaling yourself, or let someone else do the work as you relax on a 1- or 2-hour pedicab tour. Join a small-group tour to meet new people, or opt for a private tour for undivided attention from your tour guide. Some longer tours also visit the Hudson River Greenway on Manhattan's west side.
Independent Bike Rentals
Explore Central Park on your own and at your own pace with an independent bike rental. With a helmet, map, basket, and lock included in the price, you can rent a bike for anywhere from an hour to two days. Choose from hybrid, comfort, mountain, or children's bikes, and pedal around Central Park and beyond at your leisure.