Sure, it would be great if New York City always featured clear skies and warm weather, but like (almost) everywhere, rain does grace the Big Apple on occasion. Here's how to make the most of rainy days during your NYC vacation without getting wet.
- Spend the day on Fifth Avenue at some iconic department stores such as Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Check out New York City's legendary museums: the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the American Museum of Natural History are just a few (choose a skip-the-line tour to get out the rain even faster).
- Head to the Chelsea Market or Eataly to sample a variety of artisan foods.
- Catch a Broadway show, or see a play at the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts.
- Take a bus tour—general, themed, and hop-on-hop-off bus tours are great ways to see the city while staying dry.
- Take in moving exhibits at the 9/11 Memorial & Museum or the Ground Zero Museum Workshop.