Sedona beckons travelers with its distinct red rock landscape and mythical heritage. Just a couple of hours by car from Phoenix, it’s a Southwestern must-see that’s well worth an excursion from the city. Here are your options when it comes to Sedona tours from Phoenix.
Sedona Day Tours
A Sedona day trip from Phoenix showcases the region’s most famous sights and vortexes. If you’re interested in Native American history, you can opt to add a stop at national monument ruins or Navajo trading posts along the way. Adventurous travelers will appreciate the backcountry Jeep tours through Sedona’s Red Rock Country.
Sedona and Grand Canyon Tours
It’s possible to see both Sedona and the Grand Canyon in the same day, allowing visitors with limited time to see some of Arizona’s most dramatic scenery. Driving in the beautiful Sonoran Desert through Oak Creek Canyon and Flagstaff, and stopping for lunch at the Grand Canyon National Park’s South Rim area, these combo tours offer an excellent overview of the natural beauty of the area. Multi-day tours offer a deeper experience of each destination.
Things to Know
- Sedona is 115 miles (185 kilometers) north of Phoenix, a drive of about two hours.
- Small-group day tours to Sedona last around 10 hours, and include five to six hours of sightseeing and lunch.
- Trips to Sedona and the Grand Canyon range from one day (around 13 hours) to three days; longer tours allow for more time at each location.
- Day tours include round-trip transportation and pickup and drop-off from your Phoenix or Scottsdale hotel.
- Tours operate year-round.