The Golden Circle route and the Blue Lagoon are considered among Iceland’s top attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. Here are a few ways to visit them both in the same day and make the most of your time in the Land of Fire and Ice.
- Tick off two of Iceland's top activities in one convenient tour package
- Single-day options are available, as well as more extensive multi-day tours that take you to other parts of Iceland as well
- Travelers looking for outdoor adventure can choose a hiking tour to tackle the terrain on foot
- Combo tours typically include pickup and drop-off at your Reykjavik hotel, plus round-trip transport to your destinations
Things to Know
- Bring clothing layers for all weather. During the cold winter months, you'll need a fleece layer, a warm waterproof coat, and a hat and scarf, plus warm socks and gloves. In summer, wear thinner layers that can be easily removed and packed away, plus sun protection. Don't forget swimwear for the Blue Lagoon thermal bath.
- Most combo day tours available from Reykjavik last between 7 and 10 hours.
- From Reykjavik, the furthest point on the Golden Circle tour is the Gulfoss waterfall. This natural landmark lies 67 miles (109 km) away from the city—a drive of about 1.5 hours.
- From Reykjavik, the Blue Lagoon is a 29-mile (47-km) drive.