Germany’s Rhine River cuts through forested hills, rugged cliffs, and terraced vineyards as it winds its way through some of the country’s most dramatic landscapes. Cruises on this scenic waterway pass medieval castles and charming half-timbered villages along the way. Here are some river-trip highlights.
- Explore this UNESCO World Heritage–listed landscape on a half or full-day tour from Frankfurt.
- Take a hop-on hop-off river tour between Mainz and Koblenz or Cologne and Linz with the KD Rhine Pass.
- Admire the twin-spired Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom) and Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke) from the river.
- Combine a Rhine River sightseeing cruise with a hop-on hop-off bus tour of Cologne.
- Embark on a dinner cruise along the Rhine for a romantic evening for two.
- Disembark to tour sights like Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, Loreley Rock, or Rhine Valley wineries.