From the Sistine Chapel to the Vatican Museums, there’s a ton to see at the Vatican, and it can be hard to know where to start. A private tour allows you to maximize your time and tailor your itinerary to your interests. Read on for your options.
- Most tours include the highlights of the Vatican Museums, a tour of the Sistine Chapel, and a visit to St Peter’s Basilica
- Some private tours include hotel pickup
- Skip-the-line access means you’ll avoid the notoriously long line
- Private walking tours of the Vatican typically last around 3 hours
- Private tours are also available for wheelchair users, ensuring a fully accessible route
Private Guided Vatican Tours
Check off the highlights of the Vatican Museums and St Peter’s Basilica on an early-morning tour that’ll allow you to beat the crowds, or opt for a private walking tour that includes stops at Raphael’s Rooms, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the Sistine Chapel. For a more personalized experience, choose a tour that visits hidden gems such as the Cabinet of the Masks and the Bramante Staircase, or a VIP tour that includes a private viewing of the Sistine Chapel.
Private Combo Tours
Ideal for first-time visitors or those short on time, these tours offer great savings by combining two best-selling activities in one day. Perhaps couple your visit to the Vatican with a tour of archaeological wonders such as the Pantheon, Colosseum, and the Roman Forum, or skip the line at Rome’s two most-visited attractions—the Vatican and the Colosseum.