San Francisco and the Summer of Love may be forever linked in the world’s cultural memory, but these days, the city’s more of a tech hub than a hub for grooviness. Fortunately, you can still explore the neighborhoods where flower power blossomed.
- Hop on a Summer of Love–themed hippie bus and see some of San Francisco’s most beautiful outdoor areas like the Presidio, Golden Gate Park, as well other sights made famous by Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead, all set to a groovy soundtrack with a far-out tour guide.
- See sights like Haight Street and the Castro at your own pace by taking a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Explore San Francisco like a pro on a self-guided tour, driving a classic Volkswagen convertible Bug equipped with GPS.
- Sip your way through the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood on a craft-beer walking tour that’s limited to just 12 drinking buddies.
- Take a ride on a classic cable car that’s been retrofitted with wheels to explore different neighborhoods, then hop off for guided walking tours of Civic Center, Alamo Square, the Haight-Ashbury, and Golden Gate Bridge.