It's easy to forget all there is to see and do in San Francisco, especially if you live here. Whether you’re looking to play tourist for a day or entertain out-of-towners, here are some activities even locals will love. Because when was the last time you biked across the Golden Gate Bridge anyway?
- Cruise across the bay and finally get around to checking Alcatraz off your bucket list.
- Walk or bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and spend the afternoon along the water in Sausalito.
- Spend a Thursday night at the California Academy of Sciences' weekly, adults-only Nightlife event, where themed exhibitions are paired with drinks and DJs. The de Young Museum is another Golden Gate Park staple, one worthy of a Sunday afternoon.
- Take a food and market tour at the Ferry Building to see what new vendors have popped up.
- Ride a cable car to Union Square and get some shopping done.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of Chinatown, or discover the city's renowned cuisine on a food tour.
- Ride your way to all of the city's best breweries on a bikes and brews tour.