Feel like spicing things up on your trip to South Australia? The region's wineries offer plenty of opportunities to experience New World varietals and local flavors in a unique way, and Adelaide, a foodie haven in its own right, is the perfect hub for tasting your way through the area. If you're short on time, you're in luck: historic Penfolds Magill Estate, known for its famous Grange wine, is just a 15-minute drive outside the city. Or, if you're looking to go further afield, visit the renowned Barossa Valley or the McLaren Vale region, both within an hour's drive of Adelaide. See below for some of the top food and wine experiences in South Australia.
- Make your own wine at the d'Arenberg winery in McLaren Vale.
- Use all five senses during a unique tasting at Jacob's Creek Wines, followed by a delicious two-course lunch.
- Go behind the scenes at Wirra Wirra Vineyard and taste its five flagship wines paired with a local antipasto platter.
- Visit famous Penfolds Magill Estate and immerse yourself in its history, dating back to 1844.
- Tour Seppeltsfield Winery in the Barossa and try a port from your birth year.