As colorful leaves create a beautiful backdrop and temperatures become more comfortable than in sweltering summer, autumn is an ideal time for exploring Tokyo. Visiting the Japanese capital between September and December yields myriad opportunities to experience the unparalleled culture, food, history, and scenery. Here are a few ways to do so.
- Explore Tokyo at your own pace and see only what you want to see on a private custom city tour.
- Eat and train like a sumo wrestler during a sumo demonstration and chanko nabe (hot pot) lunch.
- Thrill to the sights and sounds of an electric matinee performance at the Robot Restaurant.
- Explore theme-park magic with a 1-day passport and private transfer to Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea.
- Soak up views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi and pick seasonal fruits on a day trip to Fuji’s 5th Station.
- Explore the shrines, temples, and landscapes of Nikko National Park on a day tour of Nikko.
- See fall foliage just outside Tokyo on a day trip to the Yamanashi Prefecture, Arakurayama Sengen Park, and Lake Kawaguchi.
- Take a full-day tour to the Niigata prefecture to see its golden autumnal glory, and to ride the Naeba Dragondola and Tashiro Ropeway.
- Experience a kaleidoscope of color on a full-day Tokyo sightseeing tour during spectacular momiji (autumn leaves) season.