Visit Quba and the remote mountain village of Khinalig on this group tour from Baku. Introducing you to the surreal landscapes of the Khizi region in northeastern Azerbaijan, the tour starts with a drive through the mountains past the city of Sumgait on your way to Quba city. Refuel with a traditional lunch in the forests, then head high into the hills to visit mysterious Khinalig, which is said to be the highest inhabited village in the Caucasus region.
Relax on a day trip where your national park fees are paid in advance
Bring a camera to snap photos of the striking red rock landscape of Khizi
Savor typical Azerbaijani cuisine at a restaurant in the Qechresh forest
Stop to sip tea and try local sweets on your way to the village of Khinalig
the tour was great although it was a long drive there and back. The guide was very nice but had never been there nor had he done his homework. Fortunately the driver was able to say "waterfall" or similar for a reason for a stop.. Guba is really worth going too. The vehicle was very comfortable. The lunch in a private home was great.
Slow start where the guide and bus arrived late. Cramped minibus. Finally reached destination at 2 pm. Khinaliq itself had little to show, though mountains were beautiful. Returned to Baku 4 hours later than planned.
- many many many times during the trip, both the guide and the driver were talking to us about how terrible this trip is and how much better is their Gabala trip. They then of course start to hammer us about when do we want to go with them to Gabal and how much is it going to cost.
- during the very long trip, we did not stop in any worthy location. The only stop was in Khinaliq.
- the lunch was NOT in the forest as they claimed, it was in Khinaliq.
- once we were off at our hotel, the driver and the guide started to bother us again through Whatsapp regarding when are we going to go to Gabala.
- The guide did not provide any worthy information about Guba, Khinaliq or any other place. The only thing the driver and the guide talked about is how bad Guba is !! (this is of course to sell us the Gabala Trip) .
- In case they wanted to take a selfie with you, be careful, they will post it to Snap chat without your consent.
I wasn't going to give this a good review...
Arif from Baku Tours arranged the trip.
Start planned for 9:00. Team turns up at 10:27am, which messed up our schedule.
The carefully discussed and promised booster seats for the kids were of course missing.
Conclusion at 10:27am: This was a mistake, but luckily Arif sent two young guys instead: Ali and Farid, guide and driver. For the rest of the day both worked hard at making up for the bad start. They went out of their way to give us a really genuine Azerbaijan experience, made sure we didnt have to pay for anything extra and Ali was exceptionally good and patient with our young kids 5+7. We had a nice home cooked lunch in Khinaliq, bought locally produced honey and they even went to buy Pizza for our boys in the evening. Overall a great day. Be sure to request Ali and Farid