6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy a private hiking tour of Cape Town's 3,558-foot-tall (1,084m) Table Mountain. Choose between two options: ride the rotating cable car atop the mountain for 360-degree views, then spend a couple of hours wandering the plateau's winding paths—passing among reed-like restios and flowering proteas along the way. Or opt for a more strenuous, 5-hour option: a climb up the mountainside, stopping for exquisite ocean views and a picnic lunch. A nature guide will accompany you on both routes, pointing out Table Mountain's flora and fauna—including adorable rock hyrax—en route.
- Private guided hike up Table Mountain
- Choose from two routes, based on your fitness level and preferences
- Enjoy supreme panoramic views overlooking Cape Town
- Escape the bustle of the city without leaving its perimeters
- Led by a knowledgable hiking and nature guide
- An ideal excursion for both individuals and groups
- Includes lunch and cable car access
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if including transfer option selected)
Single Table Mountain cableway ticket
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please advise name of hotel or guesthouse on reservation so our hiking guide can meet you at your accommodation
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The tour maybe operated by a multi-lingual guide, depending on which language you speak.
- Vegetarian option and any other dietary requirements are also available, please advise in time of booking if required.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult and adult pricing will apply to all travellers.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be give an option of an alternative date or full refund.
- On commencement of the tour bottled water will be provided to all guests, to ensure re-hydration during the hike.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY AWOL Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 8982P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesCape TownHiking - Western CapeHiking - StellenboschHiking - FranschhoekCategory
Dyer IslandKirstenbosch National Botanical GardenTable Mountain National ParkSwartland Wine RouteWorld of Birds Wildlife Sanctuary and Monkey ParkCamps BayLion's HeadVictoria and Alfred Waterfront (V&A Waterfront)Greenmarket SquareTwo Oceans AquariumSouth African Jewish Museum (SAJM)Rhodes MemorialMalay Quarter (Bo-Kaap)Iziko Museums Slave Lodge Sir Lowry's PassNoon GunTwelve ApostlesSignal HillZeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA)Old Biscuit Mill