Are you interested in?
- Private, full-day tour of Gansbaai from Cape Town, including shark diving
- Customize your own itinerary to fit your preferences
- Spend about three hours on a vessel, and cage dive to see sharks swimming in their natural habitat
- Walk the cliffs of Hermanus, wine taste in Overberg, or visit a penguin colony at Stoney Point
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, guesthouse, vacation rental or private residence in Cape Town.
- Cape Town
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
What To Expect
Once you’ve been picked up from your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle, relax on the ride over to Gansbaai — it’ll take about two hours. Take in sights on the way of Sir Lowry’s Pass, Elgin valley, and Houwhoek Pass.
In Gansbaai, your exciting shark-diving experience begins. Please note an extra fee needs to be paid for the cage diving, and isn’t included in this tour’s cost. If for some reason, the weather doesn’t allow for cage diving you can choose to go ziplining or ATVing instead.
Otherwise, board a boat, and listen to instructions about how to safely cage dive. Then get your equipment on and get ready to go. Your cage is dropped into the water, and you can spend about three hours watching sharks swim in their natural habitat.
Afterward, choose one of three activities to do on the way back to Cape Town. Walk the cliffs of Hermanus, wine taste in Overberg, or visit a penguin colony at Stoney Point. Whatever you pick, your guide drives you to your hotel at the end of the day.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (cost excluded)
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Born in Africa Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff