Begin your experience with a pickup from your central Dubai hotel. Settle inside your air-conditioned minivan and relax as travel into the desert.
Meet your camel convoy and enjoy a 45-minute ride on a camel. Enjoy the views as your camel lumbers across the sands: you’ll soon understand how these hardy herbivores provide ideal transport for nomadic Bedouins.
After around 45 minutes, arrive at a Bedouin-style camp inside a desert retreat owned by the UAE royal family. The compound stands amid rolling dunes and is illuminated by flame torches, giving it a truly Arabian feel.
As the sun sets, watch a falconry demonstration. Admire the speed and elegance of the falcons as they answer their handlers’ commands and swoop for lures.
Stroll into the dunes for photos of the sunset and enjoy a range of traditional desert activities inside a rustic-style Arabian tent. Sip Arabic coffee, get a henna tattoo, and learn to make Arabic breads with a step-by-step demonstration.
Next, settle at a low Bedouin table for a 4-course feast of typical Emirati dishes with sodas and mineral water. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Following dinner, choose to smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) and watch a display of traditional dancing and music under the stars.
Return to Dubai in your minivan and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
Sample Dinner Menu:
• Shorbat adas (spicy lentil soup)
• Garden salad
• Onion and tomato saladMeze course:
• Selection of small dishes such as tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with mint, tomatoes and lemon juice), sambousek (lamb- or cheese-filled pastries), harees (meat-stuffed wheat dumplings) and hummus (chickpea dip)Main course (choice of one):
• Chicken kebabs
• Ouzi (lamb served with nuts and rice)
• Ouzi rice and vegetablesDessert (choice of one)
• Fresh fruit salad
• Lgeimat (miniature, saffron-flavored doughnuts drizzled with date syrup)