- Two-day 4WD tour of Fraser Island, from Brisbane or the Gold Coast
- Stop at Cooloola Recreation Area to see Red Canyon, Rainbow Beach, and Teewah Beach
- Spot whales, dolphins, and turtles from the bluff at Indian Head and look for kangaroos and dingos on land
- Walk through lush rain forest at Wanggoolba Creek, the Pile Valley, and Central Station
- Swim at Lake Birrabeen, Seventy-Five Mile Beach, and Eli Creek
- Choice of shared or private accommodation at Eurong Beach Resort on Seventy-Five Mile Beach
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Mantra on View Surfers Paradise, 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
2: Brisbane Coach Terminal, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
3: The Big Pineapple., 76 Nambour Connection Rd, Woombye QLD 4559, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Eurong Beach Resort is your homebase, situated in a picturesque location on Seventy-Five Mile Beach. When booking, choose either a private twin room or a shared 4-person room (see Pricing for details). Three meals are included, in addition to all transportation. Bring swim gear for a dip in Eli Creek, Lake Birrabeen or other spots, and be prepared for leisurely hikes in Pile Valley and Central Station. You might spot dolphins and whales offshore, and glimpse a wild dingo on land. Keep your camera handy!
Once you have seen colorful Cooloola, drive onto the ferry to Fraser Island. When you arrive, your guide shows you around the UNESCO World Heritage-listed region by 4WD vehicle. Look for the island’s resident population of wild dingos as you travel!
Hang on as your 4WD vehicle bounces over the white sands of Seventy-Five Mile Beach for a stop to swim at Eli Creek. Strong swimmers can wade upstream to float back down to the beach on the creek’s gentle current.
When you’re refreshed, trek along Indian Head, a rocky headland that boasts great views over the ocean. From its viewpoint, you may glimpse dolphins, rays, sharks, turtles and even humpback whales (during the July to November migration). Then stop for photos at the iconic Maheno Shipwreck. Your guide provides a picnic lunch and sets the itinerary depending on the conditions of the day.
In the evening, arrive at Eurong Beach Resort to check into your room and then have dinner at the on-site restaurant.
Overnight: Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island
Day 2: Fraser Island – Gold Coast or Brisbane (B)Get an early start after breakfast at the resort, so that you can make the most of the day! Buzz over to Pile Valley for a rainforest walk where your guide points out the termites-and-fire-resistant satinay trees, making them popular in the timber industry. Arrive at Central Station, a formerly bustling logging station and learn about the importance of Fraser Island to the timber industry; satinay wood was even used in constructing the Suez Canal and London Docks.
Continue to stroll along a boardwalk through towering ghost gums, king ferns and pine trees and see Wanggoolba Creek; the clear water seems to disappear as it flows over white sand. Next swim in Lake Birrabeen or relax on its sandy white beach. Then take a scenic lake drive and end up at Seventy-Five Mile Beach where you can enjoy another taste of the sea and sun.
Have a late lunch (own expense) at Rainbow Beach, where your guide can help you find the best eats. After lunch, catch the ferry back to the mainland to return to Brisbane or the Gold Coast by mid-afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- National park and ferry fees (AU$60pp cash must be paid to the driver upon departure)
- Please bring sunscreen, hat, towel and swimwear
- Please restrict luggage to 22lbs (10kg)
- The free Cooloola tour is subject to time, tidal and weather conditions, and is not 100% guaranteed. Your guide makes every effort to include all activities and destinations listed. However due to the extreme nature of Fraser Island, and weather unpredictability in general, some activities are subject to tide, time, off road conditions and weather factors.
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants 4 years and below are not allowed on tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Australian Sunset Safaris
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 5 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 4 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Fraser Island 4WD Tour from Brisbane or the Gold Coast.