Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Venice gondola ride with serenade plus a meal
- Share a ride on the Grand Canal and glide down smaller canals
- Listen to a musician and a singer serenade you aboard one of eight gondolas in your flotilla
- Enjoy a two-course lunch or dinner at Hostaria Ai Coristi Restaurant
Departure & Return
Meeting Point: Gondola's stazio of Santa Maria del Giglio Square (next to the entrance of Hotel Gritti Palace)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Choose from an afternoon or evening departure, and then make your way to the launch point near the Grand Canal. Climb aboard a traditional polished wooden gondola, which comfortably seats six passengers. These beautiful handcrafted vessels used to be one of the primary modes of transportation for Venetians centuries ago, and their craftsmanship is a time-honored tradition.
Settle in for the ride as your gondolier skillfully navigates the boat along Venice’s famous Grand Canal using a long wooden oar. Admire the historic homes, palazzos and cathedrals that line the canal as you travel along with a flotilla of several other gondolas. Head through some of the city’s smaller canals where you’ll pass under bridges and get a glimpse of quieter, charming backstreets. Adding to the enchanting atmosphere, a skilled opera singer and musician (usually an accordion or guitar player) will ride aboard one of the gondolas in your group and serenade you with classic Italian ballads.
At the end of your 35-minute ride, disembark at the picturesque Campo Santa Maria del Giglio and make your way through romantic alleyways to the nearby Hostaria Ai Coristi Restaurant. Savor a two-course meal including a fish or meat entrée served with house wine, water and coffee.
Please note: If you choose a 3:30 pm departure, your meal can be either lunch (served before the gondola ride between 12pm and 3pm) or dinner (enjoyed after the ride between 7pm and 9pm).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The gondola holds a maximum of 6 passengers. Please note this is not a private gondola ride
- Your Venice gondola ride provides a boat with a musician and singer for every eight gondolas in your flotilla
- All passengers dine at the same restaurant for lunch or dinner. If you require a private table please request this at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bucintoro Viaggi
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "We had to keep asking people along the way which was more challenging being after 7pm and therefore dark." See review
- "I would have paid less if I did a private gondola ride." See review
- "I will start by saying that the people in charge of the gondola ride were very nice and helpful in telling us where to go for supper and the supper was fabulous!" See review