With a tropical climate and warm, humid temperatures throughout the year, Southeast Asia offers an escape from the winter blues for travelers living in colder climes. Trade those frigid temps and snowy commutes for balmy beaches, night markets, and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Here are some options for planning your getaway.
- Soak up the sun on the beaches of Bali or the Thai islands.
- Eat like a local in the night markets of Bangkok or the hawker centers of Singapore or Kuala Lumpur.
- Grab a paddle to tour the islands and waterways of Thailand’s Phang Nga Bay.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage ruins of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- Cruise the waters of Vietnam’s scenic Halong Bay.
- Tour the Ayutthaya temples in the ancient capital of Siam.
- Commune with monkeys in the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary of Bali, Indonesia.