With its UNESCO World Heritage–listed historic center, winding canals, and striking medieval buildings, Bruges is storybook Belgium at its most charming. Discover the West Flanders capital on an easy day trip from the national capital. Here are some convenient options for Bruges tours from Brussels.
- See Bruges landmarks such as the Church of Our Lady, the Beguinage (Begijnhof), the Lake of Love (Minnewater), and Bruges City Hall.
- Set sail on a scenic boat tour and admire the historic bridges, flower gardens, and almshouses (godshuizen) along Bruges’ canals.
- Stroll the cobbled streets of Bruges on a guided walking tour, then enjoy free time to shop for souvenirs or enjoy lunch at a local café.
- If you have more time, combine a day tour to Bruges and Ghent with half-day city tours of Antwerp and Brussels.
- Enjoy a more personalized experience by choosing a small-group or private tour.
Things to Know
- Bruges is located about 60 miles (96 kilometers) northwest of Brussels, about 90 minutes by road.
- Day tours from Brussels typically last between nine and 10.5 hours, and are often combined with a visit to Ghent.
- Be sure to bring your camera, comfortable walking shoes, and water and snacks for the journey.
- Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off in Brussels.